I'm drooling just looking at these rice krispie treats. These are simply delicious and easy and taste WAY better than those rice krispie treats that come in that shiny blue wrapper.
I've always wanted to make rice crispy treats but thought buying the ingredients would be too much. With homemade rice crispy treats, you can control how much ingredients you want in your crispy squares and it's so much fun with the endless options. Thankfully, I got a Walmart gift card so I got a chance to experiment. The result? I ate almost the whole thing.
Recipe is as follows:
- 2 T butter
- 2 C mini marshmallows
- 3 C rice crispy cereal
- 1.5 C of Lucky Charms' marshmallows
- Splash of vanilla extract and milk
- Pastel sprinkles (optional)
1. Melt butter in pan
2. Add splash of vanilla and milk
3. Add marshmallows and melt until sauce forms
4. Take off heat and stir in cereal
5. Stir in marshmallows and arrange in greased, nonstick square pan to set
6. Top off with pastel sprinkles and let cool before cutting
You HAVE to make these as they're truly addicting. I think the vanilla and milk really add to it and it's not too sweet and heavy like the packaged ones. It's so light in texture and the right amount of sweetness to have more than one square and not feel guilty ;)
Welcome, I'm Tiffi
I'm a Wegmans and Celtics fan who believes in eating without restrictions because life's too short to not eat what you like. Eat good food. Be happy. Enjoy life. Thanks for stopping by!